CenturyLink Internet is a DSL Service Provider
current CenturyLink Internet Deals
Price for Life with No Contract! Standalone internet service with 100 Mbps download speeds for a rate of $49/mo. Add DIRECTV service for $59.99 per month.
Bundle Deal! Get high-speed internet with up to 940 Mbps speeds, home phone service, price for life guarantee, and unlimited data usage for a rate of $85.00/mo.
About CenturyLink Internet
CenturyLink® is a telecommunications and DSL internet service provider which operates in 37 states. They are headquartered in Munroe, Louisiana and have been in operation since 1971. CenturyLink is the third largest communications company in the nation, behind AT&T and Verizon. The company provides their internet, phone and TV services to over 4.5 million customers nationwide and currently employs an estimated 42,000 throughout the U.S.
Features of their high speed internet service include:
- CenturyLink advertises home WiFi speeds ranging from 10 to 100 Mbps depending on the plan.
- CenturyLink TV options offered through various providers with 100's of channels, and streaming app capabilities.
- Fiber Gigabit offers fast internet speeds, with up to 940 Mbps download speeds through their fiber optic internet services for a price of $65 per month. (Limited product availability to areas with fiber internet infrastructure)
- Home phone service plans available with the ability to call local, long distance and other calling features. Call long distance to Canada, reduced rates for Mexico and Latin American countries, and over 100 other countries.
- Bundle CenturyLink internet Wi-Fi with DIRECTV and/or home phone services.
- Price for Life guarantee on most TV, phone, and internet plans & packages. CenturyLink Price for Life means no price increases as long as you remain a customer.
- CenturyLink Security powered by McAfee is available to all CenturyLink high-speed internet customers.
- Business internet for $49/mo, with up to 100 Mbps download speeds and a $100 Prepaid VISA Reward card rebate.
- Select plans have no-term contract options.
- CenturyLink customer support: customer service with online frequently asked questions page for information, online specialist support, paperless billing, online portal for account setup & customer info, support telephone number, live chat, and technical support technician service.
CenturyLink's history can be dated all the way back to 1930, when they started as the Oak Ridge Telephone Company. In 1968 they became incorporated as Central Telephone and Electronics. The company would continue to see several reformations and renames. In 1971 it was renamed Century Telephone Enterprises Inc., and they begun trading on the New York Stock Exchange in 1978. It wasn't until 2009 that the brand name CenturyLink was adopted following the acquisition of Embarq Corporation. The company is currently investing in their infrastructure and edge-compute services to focus on the increasing demand for low-latency, high performing connection with emerging technologies.
CenturyLink Internet Coverage
CenturyLink service availability, pricing, and internet speed may vary based on customer location. Some newer technologies like their Gigabit fiber service may not be available yet depending on the area. They provide nationwide service to over 4 million customers in the USA. With a network of more than 224,000 miles of fiber optic cable, they serve customers in 37 states including:
Alabama (AL), Arizona (AZ), Arkansas (AR), Colorado (CO), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Idaho (ID), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Iowa (IO), Kansas (KS), Louisiana (LA), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), Mississippi (MS), Missouri (MO), Montana (MT), Nebraska (NE), Nevada (NV), New Jersey (NJ), New Mexico (NM), North Carolina (NC), North Dakota (ND), Ohio (OH), Oklahoma (OK), Oregon (OR), Pennsylvania (PA), South Carolina (SC), South Dakota (SC), Tennessee (TN), Texas (TX), Utah (UT), Virginia (VA), Washington (WA), Wisconsin (WI), and Wyoming (WY).
To find out if CenturyLink internet plans or other internet services are available in your area, please enter your zip code and other location information by using our internet comparison form on this page!
CenturyLink Internet Plans
CenturyLink offers customers everything from TV and internet to home phone service. A variety of CenturyLink internet plans and bundles are available to meet the various needs and budgets of different internet users. Speed tiers with more modest speeds can vary from anywhere between 10 Mbps, 20 Mbps, 40 Mbps or 100 Mbps. These lower speeds are ideal for a family with basic internet needs. For more demanding internet access, CenturyLink offers fiber gigabit download speeds of up 940 Mbps on their network; perfect for high-use, low latency data. The company also offers business services tailored to meet the needs of growing companies. This enables them to thrive in a market which demands an online, technological presence. To protect all CenturyLink service users, CenturyLink Security by McAfee is given to all internet customers. This helps keep people safe from online threats like malware, unsafe websites and other online threats with compatible devices.
CenturyLink residential services include home telephone, TV, and internet services. Their plans are available as a standalone product, or can be made into packages and typically come with a discount. Their internet plans have unlimited data with no surcharges on data usage. Some features of their residential service include:
- Get standalone CenturyLink internet plans for a price of $49/mo for all speeds up to 100 Mbps download.
- Fiber Gigabit online only deal for the price of $65 monthly. Data speeds up to 940 Mbps download.
- Internet and home phone unlimited bundled price of $85/mo. Rate requires paperless billing.
- Partnered TV plans starting at a price of $59.99 a month.
- Call nationwide with home telephone services. Includes calls to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam and U.S. Virgin Islands.
CenturyLink offers several options for TV users through partnerships with AT&T TV, DirecTV and DISH satellite TV. CenturyLink has also partnered with several different streaming services that offer customers the ability to watch what they'd like through a different medium, in comparison to the traditional cable service. These come with bundle options that give access to apps like Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+.
CenturyLink provides services to small businesses, medium sized, wholesale, public sector, to enterprise business plans. These plans consist of many similar features as a residential service plan, however there are a few variables that distinguish the two from each other. Business plans can include cloud-based applications like Microsoft Office 365, web hosting services, 24/7 support, Managed & IT consulting, technology strategy sessions, and advanced security solutions. Some of the features included with a CenturyLink business plan include:
- $49/mo for CenturyLink internet with download speeds up to 100 Mbps.
- CenturyLink Fiber Internet with a download speed of up to 940 Mbps and an upload speed of 940 Mbps
- Traditional landline phone with voicemail, caller ID, call waiting and call forwarding features.
- Digital Business VoIP phone with voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, admin portal, instant messaging, file sharing and video/audio conferencing features.
- Get a DirecTV plan with entertainment packages for various businesses like gyms, food industry, waiting rooms, etc.
- Savings up to $40/mo on highspeed internet & traditional phone for $64.99/mo for 2 years. Internet speeds up to 40 Mbps download.
CenturyLink Internet Strategy sessions are also offered, which can help businesses incorporate features of new and immersive internet technology into a company's strategy. These sessions offer three key workshops to help accelerate digital business which are the: executive strategy session, technology advisement session, and solution development workshop. CenturyLink strategy sessions are designed to help maximize a business and their digital impact on consumers.
The managed CenturyLink service offers businesses operating system management, technological infrastructure management, professional services (design, engineering and operations), and application management development. Centurylink IT consulting services provide data analytics, cyber security, design, and strategic technology systems. They also have 100% cloud managed Wi-Fi for simplified administration, more visibility (i.e. activity monitoring), and fast deployment.
How Much Does CenturyLink Cost?
The price of an internet plan ,or package options can vary by several factors such as: which services are subscribed, data connection speed, data limit, device, contracts length etc. Thankfully, with CenturyLink they offer a Price for Life guarantee meaning no price hikes after a trial period unless disclosed. One way to save money on a new CenturyLink plan is by bundling their different products and services together. As one could expect with the benefits of faster internet speed access, comes greater fees. Customers using CenturyLink's best internet speeds can expect fees of $65 per month on a standalone plan. New CenturyLink customers have the options to either purchase a modem for $200, or pay a monthly lease fee of $15/mo
CenturyLink Price for Life
CenturyLink offers a simplified subscription model they refer to as CenturyLink Price for Life. With Price for Life, they promise not to increase your pricing as long as you keep your account in good standing. By offering Price for Life, CenturyLink provides an incentive to remain a customer and avoids the need for contracts, cancellation fees or credit checks. With CenturyLink Price for life, your internet remains predictably priced as long as you continue with the monthly service.
Other Fees & Surcharges with CenturyLink
If self-installation if available in the customers area, users can choose that option. Otherwise a new customer must pay an activation fee and equipment installation for modem, router and other equipment setup up to $125. Some offers and package deals from CenturyLink have a "rate requires paperless billing" disclosure like because it is less expensive, simple to maintain, and easier to access an online billing system. CenturyLink taxes, fees, and surcharges apply on all plans. These additional charges, taxes, and fees can vary from state to state and exist to help reduce the cost of services, develop their infrastructure, as well as collecting taxes in trust of the government. Most of the fees on a CenturyLink plan are flat rate, with the exception of: switching states, usage (for things like long distance calling), or rates changing based on government assessments. There is no cancellation fee with CenturyLink, to help ensure for a hassle-free customer experience.
CenturyLink competitors include other DSL internet service providers and fiber internet providers like AT&T, as well as cable companies like Spectrum and Xfinity. EarthLink also operates as a value-added service provider on the CenturyLink network. Rural customers may find that a satellite, or wireless internet plan can offer internet speeds that are comparable to, or even better than wired internet plans in their area.