Current Deals from Cox
- Up to 940 Mbps High Speed Internet
- 200+ Channels
- Home Phone w/ Unlimited Calling
Updating this deal... Check Back Soon!
About Cox Internet
Cox Communications is the nation's third largest cable internet and broadband service provider. They are currently headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and operate throughout 19 states. Cox has more than 6 million customers and employs more than 22,000 across the United States. Cox strives toward a goal of providing an internet connection and communications services that are accessible to everyone. To help achieve this goal, Cox Internet has reinvested over $15 billion dollars in infrastructure updates in the past decade, and plans to do $10 billion more in the next five years. Cox offers a menu of residential services such as home internet, cable TV, home phone and Cox Homelife. Cox also has a business sector which focuses on customizable services to businesses of all sizes in almost any industry.
Features of their high speed internet service and plan options include:
- Cox internet plans with advertised speeds of up to 940 Mbps depending on the plan.
- Cox Homelife available with smart home and security features starting at a monthly price of $29.99. Get up to $20 in savings when bundled with other Cox services.
- Cox offers TV on the go with their Contour TV app with channels like HBO Max and live sports packages for prices as low as $10 a month.
- Get up to 1,000 Mbps download speeds with Cox GigaBlast internet available in select areas.
- Cox internet plan prices start at a rate of $29.99/mo for 10 Mbps download speeds on home Wi-Fi.
- Cox Security Suite protection for your data and identity powered by McAfee.
- 3,000,000+ FREE Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide included with select plans.
- On-time 7-day installation guarantee, otherwise receive compensation of a $20 credit on the monthly bill.
- Get an email address with 2 GB of storage per mailbox, or Ultimate gets 10 GB and GigaBlast gets 15 GB.
- 30-day money back guarantee on all orders.
- 24/7 Cox Customer Care support channels: online portal for billing, frequently asked questions page to search for help + additional information, Cox email address, online live chat on their site, and sales & support telephone number.
Cox Internet History
Cox Communications Inc. was created in 1962 when Jim Cox Jr. purchased three cable networks in Pennsylvania. At that time the company was named Cox Cable, but would see itself to be renamed several times in the future. Cox Cable Communications came about in 1968, and saw its name changed again in 1982 to Cox Communications Inc. This would help reflect the company's diverse portfolio, as well as highlight the importance of transforming broadcasting. In 1985, a merger occurred where Cox Enterprises Inc. purchased Cox Communications, making them the 13th largest media company in the U.S. at the time.
Cox Internet Service Area
Cox currently serves over 6 million customers, providing their TV, internet, and home phone services across the USA. Pricing, speeds, and service availability can vary depending on location. Newer technologies like fiber optic cable service may not yet be available in all of their service areas yet. With 607 service areas in the U.S., they have a coverage area which serves 19 states including:
Arkansas (AK), Arizona (AZ), California (CA), Connecticut (CT), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Iowa (IA), Idaho (ID), Kansas (KS), Louisiana (LA), Massachusetts (MA), Missouri (MI), North Carolina (NC), Nebraska (NE), Nevada (NV), Ohio (OH), Oklahoma (OK), Rhode Island (RI), and Virginia (VA).
Depending on your location, certain data plans may not be available with Cox internet. To find out if Cox internet, or other internet service providers are available near you, please fill out your zip code and other location information using our Service Availability Form.
Cox Internet Plans
Cox offers a menu with a range of services which vary from internet, TV, business, to phone service. They are one of the top broadband providers in the USA, currently serve over 6 million customers, and employ 22,000 to do so. Cox internet service has a customizable speed tier, price, data usage threshold, and bundle package to meet the unique needs of any family, small business, or larger enterprise. Internet speeds up to 1,000 Mbps allows users to be streaming, downloading, gaming, using all of their devices at once and more; without any interruptions to the bandwidth connection. According to Nielsen data, Cox Internet is #1 for streaming video. Many Cox plans can be bundled into a package deal to get discounts on several services. All Cox internet subscribers get internet access to 3,000,000+ Cox internet WiFi hotspots across the country and a large 1.25 TB data cap.
Cox residential services offer residential users services like internet, TV, phone, and HomeLife which are also available for a deal as bundles. Cox internet service is available in multiple data tiers from: Starter 10 Mbps, StraightUp 25 Mbps, Essential 50 Mbps, Internet Preferred 150 Mbps, Ultimate 500 Mbps, and their fastest internet Gigablast 940 Mbps speeds with All Cox internet plans come with Cox internet WiFi hotspots and a minimum 1.25 TB data cap, with more data available if needed.
Some featured plans with Cox residential service includes:
- Cox Voice Premier at a price of $29.99/mo for telephone service with 20+ calling features such as HD sound, voice-mail, and ability to call long distance.
- For a price of $59.99/mo get an Internet Preferred plan with up to 150 Mbps download for 12 months on a 1 year service agreement.
- Cox Silver Duo: Get 170+ channels, and internet speeds up to 940 Mbps download for $149.99/mo for 12 months on a 2 year service agreement.
- Bronze Bundle gets access to all Cox services for a price of $129.99/mo for 12 months, with two year contract. Includes 150 Mbps internet speed, 140+ channel lineup, 14+ phone features, and 24/7 smart home service. In addition, get a free install and one TV receiver rental.
- Get Cox best internet speed with up to 940 Mbps download with their Gigablast service for $99.99/mo for 12 months on a 1 year contract deal.
Cox Homelife smart home & security offers customers an enhanced user experience through things like smart energy/lighting, home monitoring systems, safety + security systems, and automated services (door/window alerts, timed lights etc).
Cox Business Service offers their products and services to small businesses and to larger firms as well. Similar to their residential plans, Cox business services are customizable and can be tailored to the needs of businesses in any industry. Their internet speeds come in similar tiers to Residential, with internet packages also available. Some key differences with Cox Business, is that they offer business internet, phone, TV, security system, managed cloud, and business bundles. Cox award-winning customer service provides dedicated service and support which is the core to helping businesses grow and succeed. Some of Cox's advertised features and plans on their business network include:
- Cox Cloud Solutions powered by RapidScale Technologies. Designed to help all sizes of business manage robust cloud services securely, remotely and easily.
- Get up to a $200 Visa Prepaid Credit Card when you bundle Cox Business internet plans and phone services.
- Hardware level security like firewalls and URL blocking, as well as Cox Security Suite powered by McAfee.
- Cox Security systems with remote access, customized alarm systems, and intrusion detection to keep businesses safe 24/7.
- Cox TV starting at just 25.99 for businesses with control over TV channels, number of TV's for the ability to design a plan that fits the environment.
- Work from almost anywhere with 3,000,000+ WiFi hotspots.
- Small Business phone service includes up to 40+ business features, and works with existing phones. Large business phone systems can get Cox digital telephone VoIP solution with no upfront equipment costs.
- Cox internet for business has a 99%+ guaranteed reliability that you can depend on for maximized performance. Cox offers improved network capacity, private and guest WiFi networks, indoor + outdoor coverage and private network integration.
Cox Cloud services offer many benefits to help organizations thrive. Their managed cloud products include cloud security with data encryption, virtual desktops, connected mobile workforce through Microsoft 365, disaster recovery and backup to keep data safe, cloud migration, and scalable IT architecture. Cox also hosts cloud solutions webinars which help network and connect industry experts to learn about cloud, networking, unified communications and more. They offer live webinars, but also have pre-recorded videos on popular topics.
How Much Does Cox Internet Cost?
Cox rates and pricing may vary from offer to offer, and are typically determined by factors like data usage details, data speeds and plan options. Installation/activation fees include wiring fees for setup and programming of devices by Cox experts if the user chooses the Pro Connect option. People can also choose the Cox Easy Connect installation option which has no fees. If the user wants to change their location the only thing they need to worry about is if these install fees apply to the new location. For people who are renting the equipment from Cox, a modem rental fee of $4.99 per month applies. Some plans include equipment such as one cable box for TV, however additional devices may result in surcharges on equipment fees. If a user wants to change their service, the price will change depending on if they upgraded or downgrade the plan or package option. Prices on an order may also be subject to change if a deal on packages has limited-time trial pricing terms, conditions, and restrictions. If customers change service providers from Cox to elsewhere, a termination fee of up to $120 applies, unless the client decides to make this change within the first 30 days of the start of an agreement.