AT&T Mobility is a Wireless Service Provider
current AT&T Mobility Deals
New Apple iPhone for $5/mo Get an Apple iPhone for $5 per month when you switch to AT&T mobility; online exclusive. $0 down for well-qualified customers.
Free Android Smartphone Samsung Galaxy free with qualifying unlimited contracts. $30 activation fees & other terms may apply.
Contract Starting at $25/mo Select multi-month prepaid contracts have the ability to get 8GB of data per month, unlimited video, picture & text messaging, and mobile hotspot for use in USA, Canada, & Mexico when you prepay.
About AT&T Mobility
AT&T Mobility is the wholly-owned wireless subsidiary of AT&T and is one of the largest wireless providers in the country. After a merger with Cingular Wireless in 2007, the company was re-branded to AT&T. They are headquartered in Brookhaven, Georgia, near Atlanta, and employ more than 75,000 workers who serve over 76 million people . They offer talk text and data over wireless 3G and 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) networks in most major centers and are currently upgrading to a 5G network.
Features of their products and services include:
- Capable of offering new 5G access with select data plans, limited locations, and on compatible devices. Network claim of reporting data speeds up to 1.5 Gigs.
- Variety of data speeds of 3.1 Mbps (3G Network), 10 Mbps (4G Network), and up to 1.5 Gigs (5G Network)
- Variety of data plans up to unlimited data.
- Online store on their website, for an easy way to start and setup a phone plan or modify data plans.
- Free smart phone with purchase of select plans, or the option to bring a phone to save on monthly fees. Bringing a mobile phone can get you a free $250 AT&T Visa Gift Card.
- AT&T plans with unlimited data access, text messaging and voice calling services. Unlimited texting from U.S. to 120+ countries. Unlimited data network coverage and calling across the USA including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Flexibility to order subscription based family plan or individual plan, pre-paid, and no-committing data plans available.
- Select mobility plans offer a gift card for AT&T.
- Free contact-less express shipping and returns online; ships to your door within 2-3 business days. Select areas can get free same-day, no contact, on-site delivery with expert setup on devices.
- Customer support services with: online phone bill payment, help articles offering solutions to frequently asked questions, online forums, online sales, phone sales & help line contact, and live chat channels.
- Nationwide coverage across all U.S. states, territories and islands. Offers coverage beyond the USA, with additional roaming fees.
- Best Network based on GWS OneScore Sept. 2019.
Founded by Alexander Graham Bell, AT&T is a multi-media company that first started in 1889 as "Long Distance Telephone," and since then has foregone several changes in things like name, mission, and more. Their current CEO is John Stankey, who previously served as COO and president of the organization. They are currently the largest telecommunications company in the world and offer a wide range of network products and services. The company first started in the telephone industry and has expanded to a range of telecom services from home phone, home internet service, cable TV and a mobile wireless network. AT&T is the parent company of several entities including AT&T Intellectual Property, which manages AT&T intellectual property portfolios and helps drive innovation throughout the entire company. In recent years, the company has been investing heavily in upgrading, improving and expanding their networks - spending nearly $145 Billion in the last 5 years.
Services and Plans
AT&T Mobility offers a number of plans tailored for a variety of user needs. These include feature plans dependent on specific smartphone brands ordered, and bundle plans for up to 4 phones for family, friends or colleagues. Family plan options offer discounts over individual plans. AT&T Unlimited contracts give the access to data usage and the ability to send a text message from the U.S. to 120+ countries including unlimited text messages and unlimited voice calls. Select contracts include entertainment perks like high-definition video streaming for sports/movies, HBO Max content included, and music streaming through apps like apple music. Standard definition may be used if exceeded data limits, or upgrade to get more premium data. Some of the available options include:
- AT&T Prepaid Purchases - 8GB data plan 12-month online offer. Get a deal when you prepay for 12 months, with rollover data if data is unused. Stream HD video content, talk, text, and use data in US, Canada and Mexico, after data is used data slows to 128kbps until next rollover, Mobile hotspot, unlimited text&talk, connection may be slowed to 2G for roaming .
- AT&T Unlimited Elite - Unlimited talk text and data + 100GB of data. Access to HBO max, 30GB mobile hotspot data per line, 5G access, and device security, fraud calls blocking, and spam risk alerts.
AT&T also offers an exclusive savings discount, with priority to any person(s) who are: nurses, military workers, physicians, teachers and first responders on "AT&T Unlimited" plans.
AT&T Mobility Business has offers for any size of business, large or small. Business owners can benefit from advantages on AT&T package pricing which bundle several phones under one contract. Business customers can start by choosing a plan suitable for their monthly budget, or choose by which phones or tablets best meet the needs of the consumer industries being considered. The business plans are structured similarly to the residential ones in a sense that the prices vary by the availability of premium data on the plan, and hotspot data numbers. Typically available data plans are 0GB, 50GB, and Unlimited, and 0GB, 30GB, and 100GB for hotspots. A rollover data plan is also available which gives the option of 3GB or 9GB of data that rolls over to the next month in the event that it is not used during that period. Businesses can also get benefits like push to talk which allows employees to work more efficiently by enabling instant communication: saving the business time & money, with increased security & safety. While a residential agreement is limited to four devices, businesses may register up to six lines on one plan.
AT&T Mobility towers provide data access covering all fifty US states, territories, and islands; this includes offshore places like Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and most of North America with roaming. The delivery and quality of service may vary by network usage, weather, and by location. AT&T Mobility is developing and upgrading infrastructure for continuous improvement, launching new devices and developing new cell site operations. They are beginning to power a new generation of faster, smarter and a more responsive networks with 5G technology. AT&T offers service across the country, and 5G is becoming available to subscribers in most major cities across the nation.
Charges & Fees
Mobile service agreements are typically lengthy, outlining a great deal on what plan does or does not give you, and the rights of both parties. When signing up post-pay mobile contract, many companies may review your credit score and process a credit check. Most contracts are limited up to four lines per residential account, and business up to eight. There are many compatible device choices and services may be available for wearables, Bluetooth source devices and Laptops as well as a mobile phone or tablet.
Roaming charges may be applied to the account holder when traveling outside of zones designated within the contract agreement. There is no maximum data allowance that restrict data, however depending on contract details and selection of the offer chosen; a different level of data & speed is available. When networks are congested and reaching capacity data usage, AT&T may control data speeds. Signature program members can save with discounts up to $10/mo. per phone line. Free contact-less delivery and free returns are available when ordering from the online store.
When an AT&T Mobility device is first activated, any monthly recurring charges and any applicable Service Commitment bills on accounts begin. For online orders, a device may be activated without consent 7 days after delivery. External accessories and apps may have additional costs associated with their use: For example, $20 per each tablet and $10 per wearable. For any plan change, a fee up to $45 including account registration, programming & activation, upgrade fees, plus add-on fee per line (+deposit) may be applied. Dependent on the brands of phones chosen, some plans include a free mobile device, or some charge an additional cost for the device per billing cycle. Regarding account termination; consumers can request permission to close their accounts within 14 days of activation of the account. Anything afterward is subject to all contract fees and a early termination fee of $150 or $325 termination may apply, dependent on the equipment.
AT&T's main competition include other carriers including Sprint and T-Mobile. Their key competitor in the United States is Verizon. Other competitors include cable TV and internet companies like Comcast Xfinity.