Verizon Wireless is a Wireless Service Provider
current Verizon Wireless Internet Deals
Mobile Plans and pricing depend on location, device and contract.
Looking for Verizon Wireless Home Internet? Get 4G LTE or 5G Home Internet Plans from $40/mth.
About Verizon Wireless
With more than 120 million subscribers, Verizon Wireless is a the second largest wireless provider in the country. The company was formed by a joint venture of Verizon Communications and Vodafone. In 2009 Verizon Wireless acquired Alltel Wireless significantly increasing its customer base and coverage. Verizon Wireless is officially headquartered in New York City, with its executive leadership and corporate functions in Basking Ridge, New Jersey. Verizon offers voice, data and video services and solutions on its award-winning networks and platforms, providing mobility, reliable network connectivity, and security. Verizon provides nationwide 5G, 5G Ultra Wideband, and award-winning 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution)
Features of their wireless high speed internet service include:
- Nationwide 4G LTE and 5G, as well as 5G Ultra Wideband access in certain areas provided with select plans.
- Verizon Wireless speeds of 3.1 Mbps (3G), 10Mbps (4G LTE), and 1.5 Gigs (5G)
- Both subscription based and pre-paid data plans available
- Shared data and Unlimited data plans with a variety of services
- Verizon Business, Residential, and Mobile plans to suit your needs
- LTE home internet service and 5G home available in select areas.
- Offers Verizon Wireless internet plans, mobile broadband and broadband plans, home internet service, 5G home internet, unlimited data plans with award-winning internet speeds and consistent internet connections.
- Popular top accessory brands including smartphones powered by Apple's iOS, Google's Android, Microsoft's Windows Phone and BlackBerry OS. Both its basic phones and smartphones use the Verizon mobile 4G LTE. Shop top device brands for exclusive deals.
About Verizon Wireless
A division of Verizon Communications, Verizon Wireless is an American telecommunications company which offers wireless products and services. It was founded in 1998 as a joint venture of American telecommunications firm Bell Atlantic, American phone company Bell Atlantic and British-based Vodafone Airtouch PLC.
In April 2000, the Bell Atlantic–GTE merger would take the name Verizon. Verizon Communications Inc. was formed on June 30, 2000 and is currently celebrating its 20th year as one of the world’s leading providers of technology, communications, information and entertainment products and services. The Bell Atlantic–Vodafone wireless unit would be called Verizon Wireless.
Headquartered in New York City and with a presence around the world, Verizon generated revenues of $131.9 billion in 2019. The company offers voice, data and video services and solutions on its award-winning networks and platforms, delivering on customers’ demand for mobility, reliable network connectivity, security and control. Verizon was the first company in the world to launch a commercial 5G mobile network and 5G internet with a commercially-available 5G-enabled smartphone. The company's operating structure focuses on three customer-facing areas: Consumer, Business, and Media.
Verizon Wireless offers mobile phone, LTE and 5G home internet services through a variety of devices under their 4G LTE service, which covers about 98 percent of the U.S. population. Its LTE in Rural America Program, with 21 rural wireless carriers participating, covers 2.7 million potential users in 169 rural counties, providing consistent internet connections across the Nation.
Services and Plans
Wireless Phone Services
Verizon Wireless offers Unlimited, Shared Data, and Prepaid plans. Verizon offers plans fit for individuals, families, multiple persons, students, and children. Verizon Wireless also features special discounts and deals for teachers, nurses, first responders and military. Verizon plans feature a variety of services offered in select areas including:
- Award-winning Nationwide 4G LTE data, Mobile hotspot data, 5G Nationwide, and 5G Ultra Wideband with select plans within the 5G Ultra Wideband coverage area. High download speeds and consistent internet connection.
- Select plans include plan perks such as ongoing or limited access to streaming services like Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Apple Music.
- International plans that provide connection in over 220 countries worldwide.
- Verizon Wireless Just Kids plan includes Parental Controls and location tracking for up to 20 contacts
- Unlimited plans include Talk & Text in the U.S. Talk & text to Mexico and Canada, plus data and roaming (Just Kids plan excluded). Wireless 4G LTE nationwide services cover about 98 percent of the U.S. population, including rural areas.
- Verizon’s Call Filter may be used to get alerts on incoming spam calls, block numbers, and see incoming caller information. Verizon also offers a Content filter to protect kids, provided by Mobicip.
- The My Verizon app can be downloaded and used for account management, including checking usage statistics and managing the user's service plan and account features. Verizon Cloud allows photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, an mobile phone number to be synchronized online.
5G Ultra wideband and broadband are only available in select locations and require a 5G-capable device.
Home internet is available- options include Verizon wireless internet service and 5G or home internet and wi fi services. Verizon home internet provides typical speeds of 25 Mbps, up to 5x faster than required for HD video streaming with a 5G signal receiver at your home address. Other plans include Verizon Fios home internet and DSL. Some services are only available in select areas. Enjoy fast internet connection and download speeds with wireless plans offering a wide range of options that suit your at-home needs. Some plans may feature a smart home bundle or internet bundle including bonus perks.
Premium Network access provided with select plans offers 50 GB of 5G nationwide/ 4G LTE premium data per month. 5G home internet access requires a 5G-capable device. Plus 720p HD streaming when activated in your plan settings. In times of congestion, your data may be temporary slower than other traffic when exceeding 50 GB/mo/line.
Verizon provides a range of services for businesses, including broadband options, mobile broadband, Verizon fios, and hotspot data, providing high download speeds and a consistent internet connection. Business customers can start by choosing a plan suitable for their monthly budget, or choose by which phones or tablets best meet the needs of the consumer industries being considered. The business plans are structured similarly to the residential ones in a sense that the prices vary by the availability of premium data on the plan, and hotspot data numbers. Verizon Wireless business plans offer a variety of services including:
- Verizon's services include internet plans under Fios Internet and Verizon DSL, LTE Business Internet, and Internet Dedicated. Verizon Wireless also provides Business Unlimited plans that feature a variety of services including access to 5G Nationwide/4G LTE, 5G Wideband, and Unlimited hotspots and internet connection with select plans in select locations.
- Business Unlimited data plans can power your business for as little as $30 per line.
- Machine to machine and International plans call
- Filters and enhanced security features with Business Mobile Secure
Verizon mobile phone services are offered through a variety of devices and operates a national 4G LTE network covering about 98 percent of the U.S. population with consistent signal strength. Its LTE in Rural America Program, with 21 rural wireless carriers participating, covers 2.7 million potential users in 169 rural areas and counties, improving internet connection and hotspot data across the country. Verizon Wireless offers flexible international plans that connect you to over 220 countries worldwide. Unlimited data plans include Talk & Text in the U.S., Talk & text to Mexico and Canada, plus data and roaming (Just Kids plan excluded). Verizon 5G Nationwide is now available in 2700+ cities. 5G Ultra Wideband is only available in certain parts of select cities. Both require a 5G-capable device active within those coverage areas.
Charges and Fees
Mobile service agreements are typically lengthy, outlining a great deal on what plan does or does not give you, and the rights of both parties. When signing up post-pay mobile contract, many companies may review your credit score and process a credit check. By signing up you agree to their terms and conditions, and will be expected to pay both one time and recurring fees. Most contracts are limited up to four lines per residential account, and business up to eight. There are many compatible device choices and services may be available for wearables, Bluetooth source technology and Laptops as well as a mobile phone or tablet. In order to sign up, one maybe be asked to provide personal billing or other information, including residential information such as an apartment number, floor number, suite number, street address or home address. Other forms of communication may be requested, such as an email address or mobile number.
Depending on your phone plan, roaming and long-distance charges may occur when traveling or contacting persons outside of designated service zones. There is no maximum data allowance that restrict data, however depending on contract details and selection of the offer chosen; a different level of data & speed is available. When networks are congested and reaching capacity data usage, your data/ internet connection may be temporarily slowed.
As a customer, you can save on your phone or phone plan with free devices offered with select deals and plans, as well as device monthly payment choices. Prices include savings per month when you sign up for paper-free billing and auto-pay. When a device is first activated, any monthly recurring charges and any applicable Service Commitment bills on accounts begin. One-time charges and credits for the prior billing period may occur at this time. Monthly and recurring charges occur at the beginning of each billing period. Additional fees regarding programming & activation, upgrade fees, plus add-on fee per line (+deposit) may be applied.
External accessories and apps may have additional costs associated with their use. Many top device brands support Verizon exclusives, and many carry 5G-capable phones ando other technologies. Device orders made trough Verizon can be arranged for pickup and delivery. Verizon Wireless offers certain applications and services that are exclusive to its subscribers. Many of these apps are pre-loaded on Verizon devices. The My Verizon app can be downloaded and used for account management, including checking usage statistics and managing the user's service plan and account features. Verizon Cloud allows photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, an mobile phone number to be synchronized online. Other Verizon Wireless apps include Field Force Manager, which allows employers to manage employees with GPS, management timesheets and oversee travel, Visual Voice Mail and Roadside Assistance. For more information you may sign up to receive emails concerning new deals, plans, and exclusive offers by providing an email address.
Verizon competitors include other nationwide wireless providers like AT&T Mobility and T-Mobile/Sprint. Verizon home internet users can save up to $20 per month by combining wireless and home internet service. This is true of AT&T as well: Subscribers to wireless and home internet service can save $10 to $20 per month on their home internet bill.